We noted previously that there would be at least one GO Bond workshop per ward in the coming months, and the downtown ward (6 and 7) meetings have been announced. Please try to attend!
You are not restricted to attending any or all of the ward meetings, so if you’re just after information or have questions, feel free to attend any of the other meetings that might fit better into your schedule.
Do you live downtown? In particular, do you live in Ward 7 downtown (see the interactive ward map if you’re unsure)? If so, if you qualify, and if you have been hankering for more involvement in your city government, now is your chance! The filling dates to run for the Ward 7 city council seat are NEXT WEEK (12/5-7)! More information is available on the city website.
Please join your neighbors on Thursday, December 8, 2016, as we visit one of Downtown OKC’s newest urban living options, the Metropolitan Apartments at 800 North Oklahoma Avenue. The fusion of modern design, location and technology, all with an urban twist, make the Metropolitan the ideal destination to call home.
We will also continue our socks & undies drive for City Rescue Mission. Please bring a donation of new socks or undergarments for men, women and children for our less fortunate neighbors.
Complimentary refreshments will be provided & our hosts will be offering tours.
Check out the Facebook Event or add this event (from our Events Calendar) to your personal calendar.
Join our gardeners on November 26th at 11am for a seed ceremony!
Add this event (from the Garden Work Calendar) to your personal calendar!
Congrats to Sara Kaplan, Urban Neighbors President, for making the okc.biz 40 Under 40 Class of 2016!
At our November & December Socials, Urban Neighbors will collect donations of NEW socks & undergarments for our less fortunate neighbors at City Rescue Mission. While many donate toys & canned food during the holidays, these essential items for men, women, and children are always needed.
The November Social has been announced! We look forward to seeing you at the Haunted House!
Add this event (from our Events Calendar) to your personal calendar!
Tonight your Urban Neighbors Board attended the kick-off meeting held jointly by the City of Oklahoma City and the Neighborhood Alliance, for neighborhood leaders from throughout the city. From this meeting we have much to share, which we will do in the coming months, but for now here’s what’s critical to know:
- GO (general obligation) Bond funding provides for capital improvement funding for city projects over the next several years (2007 GO Bond programs are still actively under construction!)
- The election is in September 2017
- The citizen awareness campaign goes through the end of February 2017, you will have no opportunity for input beyond that date!
- There are TWO surveys to complete, the general resident survey (can be completed online), and the neighborhood survey (CANNOT be completed online). Make sure you and your neighbors complete BOTH surveys!
- The city, Neighborhood Alliance, and your Urban Neighbors will be holding information sessions over the next few months. There will also be AT LEAST one community workshop per ward, so you will have several opportunities for engagement!
- Everything you need to know is online
See you on Thursday at Hudson’s Public House!
For Neighbors, By Neighbors.
Urban Neighbors is an organization dedicated to fostering quality residential living in downtown Oklahoma City. Our membership-based organization encourages the further development of quality residential living through positive interactive meetings, social events, and issue-oriented dialogue and activities.
Urban Neighbors is a direct conduit to and representative of its residential membership to the City of Oklahoma City, area businesses, and other community support structures. Our organization is committed to making downtown an enjoyable and exciting place to live.
If you can’t find something on our site, use this form to ask us about it. Also, please consider patronizing our neighborhood business members, who make much of what we do possible!